Get involved for people in need
Thursday 28 April 2022
Caritas Luxembourg is currently looking for a wide range of volunteers:
Caritas Luxembourg is currently looking for a range of volunteers:
"La Maison du Partage", Mersch
The "Maison du Partage" welcomes women and men and allows them a time of reflection and exchange, in order to advance in their life project in Luxembourg. The team of staff members is passionate and has a wealth of experience. The activities are related to everyday life, the arts and the French language.
We are in the process of developing the activities and the public, particularly in relation to equal opportunities.
- 1. If you are a craftsperson and/or handyman, come and join our team of volunteers. We are looking for activities in the field of electricity, leather or wood work, gardening, hairdressing... We are listening to your interests and proposals.
- 2. We are looking for a volunteer for the Monday cooking workshop. Knowledge of cooking and health would be very useful.
Contact :firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 621 187 430
Volunteering in Kopstal
In Kopstal, Caritas Accueil et Solidarité runs the Centre de l'Oseraie, which aims to support people in difficulty by offering them accommodation and an introduction to the labour market. The "Weidendall" project welcomes people who are able to activate their employment. Its "Gardening" activity has been developing well since 2019 and currently employs about 20 people. Two additional activities were launched at the beginning of 2021: maintenance of green spaces and cutting firewood. Having an occupation allows all these people not only to fight boredom, to get out of isolation, to learn about life in a group, but above all to show others and especially themselves that they are capable of doing things and thus to feel valued. At the same time, they acquire new skills and stabilise their psycho-social situation.
We are looking for volunteers who would like to come once a week to
- Support the activation of the beneficiaries in the cultivation of fruit and vegetables
- Sew bags for firewood
- Process garden produce in autumn (develop recipes for vegetables and fruit)
We welcome any suggestions you may have about the garden, the forest and cooking.
At the Fairness-Center in Diekirch, for anyone in need:
- Need for a volunteer to help families in need: weekdays from 9am to 1pm or from 2pm to 6pm; staging - be prepared to carry heavy things.
If you have any questions, please contact: