Get involved with refugees
Tuesday 28 March 2023
Caritas Luxembourg is currently looking for a wide range of volunteers:
Centre Oasis, Wiltz:
The team of Oasis Centre would like to continue all the efforts made over the last twenty years to promote the empowerment of non-Luxembourgish residents living in the Wiltz region and to improve their participation in Luxembourg society through innovative actions that favour their integration and contribute to social cohesion.
If you are motivated to help us to help better, come and reinforce our team of volunteers. These activities could be, for example, tutoring, art workshops, conversation classes, introduction to computers or support in administrative procedures. We are always open to your interests and suggestions.
Contact: Caty.Diop@caritas.lu Tel. 691 402 261
Public writer service, area of Wiltz :
- The public writer service offers help with administrative tasks to anyone. We are looking for volunteers with special skills. You must have completed your secondary education, be fluent in the three languages of the country and be able to show empathy and discretion. An interesting and rewarding activity awaits you.
Maison Saint Hubert in Munshausen, home for unaccompanied young people:
- a volunteer to support the young people in their learning of the French language
- a volunteer to provide tutoring in mathematics for a young girl.
Contact: email@example.com Tel: +352 621 517 264
The LogIS service "Housing for Social Inclusion" is looking for people with expertise in the field of educational support for children at primary and secondary school level. This is a regular commitment that can help one or more children to succeed in their schooling, which is key to successful integration in Luxembourg.
Contact: Juliana.Fernandes@caritas.lu, tel. +352 621 247 239
In concrete terms we are looking for:
- Vianden: math help for a girl (6th French general)
- Dudelange: help in German, French and Maths for 2 children in 5th year primary and 7th year secondary
- Troisvierges: help in German and French for one child (5th year primary)
- Hellange: help in German for one child (6th year primary)
- Mamer: help in German for a child in cycle C.2.1 (1st year primary)
- Steinfort: conversation course in Luxembourgish for an adult
- Nacher: help in German and French for a child in the 5th year of primary school
- Moutfort : help in French for two children (11 and 9 years old)
- Senningerberg : help in French for an adult woman (beginner level)
- Mamer : support in mathematics for a refugee who is doing an apprenticeship in a garage
- Mersch : support in German for an Eritrean boy of 7 years
- Dudelange: a volunteer to support a 15 year old boy. He is in 5th grade and needs help in French and English.
Contact: Juliana.Fernandes@caritas.lu Tél. +352 621 247 239
At the refugee shelter T-Building in Luxembourg-Kirchberg, a shelter for families, single men and women
- a volunteer to help the children with homework, hours to be agreed
- a volunteer to manage the library. The aim is to ensure certain opening times and to offer activities (e.g. storytelling)
- a volunteer for the relaxation room. This can be used for yoga, sophrology or pilates classes.
- a volunteer for activities with young teenagers. Tuesday or Thursday afternoon or Saturday depending on the availability of the volunteer. A room with a football table and a table tennis table is available.
- a volunteer to make music with some residents. A room with a piano and a keyboard is available.
- a volunteer to show films in the cinema room. Knowledge of how to use a projector is necessary.
- a volunteer for the computer room. The aim is to ensure certain opening times and to help the residents with the computer programmes.
- a volunteer for activities with the children. Tuesday or Thursday afternoon or Saturday depending on the availability of the volunteer. A playroom is available for craft activities.
- a volunteer to organise excursions/guided trips
At the refugee shelter in Esch sur Alzette, a shelter for single men:
- a volunteer to teach residents who wish to use a sewing machine. The machine is available at the foyer. This course will take place on weekday evenings.
- one or more volunteers to help with job search procedures
At the Senator home in Luxembourg City, a home for families:
- a volunteer for learning French for adults, once or twice a week, hours to be agreed
- a volunteer for learning the Luxembourgish language for adults, once or twice a week, times to be agreed
- a volunteer for school support for adults, once or twice a week, times to be agreed
At the Eurohotel in Junglinster, a home for families:
- a volunteer for play activities for the children of the home in the afternoon from 4.30 pm. An activity room with many toys is available.
- a volunteer for a French course for the men of the home. Times to be agreed, after 6.30 pm.
Contact: Clement.firstname.lastname@example.org GSM 621 611 873
At the refugee hostel in Foetz, a hostel for families :
- a volunteer for school support, primary school level, reception class. Support in French, Luxembourgish, German and mathematics
- a volunteer to lead music and art activities with the children of the home
At the refugee shelter Valeriushaff in Tandel, a shelter for families, single men and single women:
- a volunteer to help with homework for the young people in the home. Various subjects. Schedules to be determined.
Contact: Lea.Sekarna@caritas.lu, Stefan.Schoos@caritas.lu
At the refugee shelter in Marienthal, a shelter for families:
- a volunteer for gardening. Accompanying the residents in planting and cultivating vegetables and introducing them to the different varieties. Knowledge of gardening is essential.
- a volunteer to offer creative workshops or wellness workshops for women (such as self-created facials, make-up, manicure, cooking, etc).
- several volunteers for individual support courses, for residents who wish to improve their French skills. Monday to Friday, times are flexible and to be agreed upon.
- a volunteer to supervise children after school hours (help and support with homework and leisure activities).
At the Creos home in Luxembourg-Hollerich:
- a volunteer hairdresser for some residents of the home
- a volunteer for homework help for the children
- a volunteer for French lessons
- a volunteer for animal care (dogs and cats)
At the Esch-Neudorf shelter in Esch sur Alzette, a shelter for families, single men and single women:
- a volunteer to support children and young adults (7 to 18 years old) in the practice of French, Luxembourgish and mathematics
- a volunteer to support adults (women and men) in the practice of the French and Luxembourgish language
At the Frisange shelter, a shelter for families, single men and single women:
- a volunteer for German language support for a man. The times are to be agreed upon.
- a volunteer hairdresser or beautician for the women of the shelter. The volunteer should offer hairdressing, manicure and/or make-up on Tuesday or Thursday afternoon or after 5pm.
- a volunteer for a French language course/conversation for the adults in the shelter. This support in learning French takes place on Monday, Wednesday or Friday afternoon.
- a volunteer to provide tutoring and school support for children and adults of the shelter. The hours are Tuesday and Thursday afternoons or every day after 5pm. The volunteer must speak French and German.
Contact: Marie.Heintz@caritas.lu;GSM 621 176 280
At the Noppeney refugee home in Oberkorn, a home for families:
- A teacher who can give French and Luxembourgish lessons to some of our interested residents, in the evening or during the day.
- A volunteer to help with homework
At the refugee hostel in Ettelbruck, home for families, single men and women
- a volunteer to help the residents in their search for accommodation (application for public assistance, internet search etc.).
- a volunteer to help residents learn the French language
Contact: Sheila.Lux@caritas.lu GSM 621 590 982
For any question, please feel free to contact :
Andrea Beestermöller : email@example.com
Caritas Luxembourg is regularly looking for volunteers. Here are our volunteer opportunities for people in need.
Your donation is essential to ensure the continuity of Caritas Luxembourg's actions in the service of the poor.Other donation methods