Holidays for everyone!
Because of the deprivation in which they live or because they are placed in an institution, many children and teenagers cannot go to a holiday camp or on a discovery trip, or even visit a theme park.
Yet this is exactly the kind of activity that helps them to get a little distance from their difficult daily lives.
Thanks to the support of many donors, Caritas Luxembourg enables them to get away and make some lovely childhood memories. At the same time, we give them confidence for the future and contribute to their development.
Here are some of the most recent activities organised for children and teenagers placed in a Caritas Luxembourg centre:
- Trip to the Christmas markets in Bruges and Ostend
- Camp by Lake Balaton (Hungary)
- Visit to Munich
- Shopping activity in Trier and Saarbrücken
- Christmas party
- Visit to the Phantasialand and Walygator theme parks
- Day trips to Remerschen
- Holiday camp at St Maxime
- Visit to Schueberfouer
- Nuit des Merveilles at Bettembourg
- Mudday at Amnéville
- Visit to a concert in Berlin
- Visit to a motorcycle rally
- A week's holiday in the Vosges
- Participation in the Nuit des Sports
- Trip to the "top of the trees" (Baumgipfelpfad) in Sarre
- Ski trip in the Austrian Tyrol
- Nature trip to "Liewenshaff"
- Participation in the Echternach "Color Run"
- As well as outings to the skating rink, airtramp, dining at restaurants, trips to the cinema, bowling, karting, forest walks, fitness activities, etc.
All these activities are only possible thanks to the support of many private donors