We need you! Call for volunteers: Winter Action 2022/2023
Thursday 13 October 2022
The 2022/2023 edition of the Winter Action is organised by Caritas Luxembourg, the Luxembourg Red Cross and Inter-Actions to help the most needy in our society during the cold season.
This action will offer night shelter to homeless people in the emergency shelter in Findel. The educational team and volunteers will take over during the day to welcome and distribute hot meals every day to people affected by the cold.
When and how to mobilise?
- Day centre: from 11.30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for lunch and the restroom of our beneficiaries, every day: preparation and distribution of meals support of the educational team for specific activities, etc.
- Night shelter: from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm for the evening meal and from 6:30 am to 9:00 am for the breakfast service, every day: preparation and distribution of meals, distribution of hygiene articles, support to the educational team, etc.
- Field coordination from 8am to 11am on Saturdays to support the team in the management of lockers
Homelessness affects more and more vulnerable people in our society. We are therefore calling for volunteers who can, by their presence, support the professional team in the distribution of meals to the homeless and actively participate in the actions set up within the framework of the Winter 2022/2023 Action. The volunteer team of the three actors grouped under the Dräieck ASBL plays an important role. Their mobilisation alongside the professionals in the field for the beneficiaries is the condition to guarantee the smooth running of this humanitarian action. In addition, the warm and friendly atmosphere that the volunteers help to create through their dynamism and motivation also helps those in need. We consider this human aspect to be one of the pillars of a successful reception and follow-up. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to commit themselves regularly for the duration of the winter action.
If you are interested, please contact Rachel Oliviero and Andrea Beestermöller by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and send us the following information
- your name and surname
- your nationality
- your social security number
- your date of birth
- your mobile phone number
- your language skills
- your availability (date and time) for the day and/or night shelter, during the week and/or at the weekend your mobile phone number
- your specific skills, which you would also like to express
Do you have any questions?
Please contact us on the following number: 2755 (Luxembourg Red Cross) or Ms Andrea Beestermöller (Caritas Luxembourg): email@example.com