Donations of materials
Donations of materials are welcome.
However, Caritas Luxembourg cannot accept all of them. For example, there are strict hygiene conditions for food donations, so that they can be served to homeless people or refugees in the establishments run by Caritas Luxembourg. Others, such as furniture and mattresses, require substantial resources in terms of storage and logistics, which, unfortunately, Caritas Luxembourg does not have.
What do we currently need?
(situation as on 31/10/2022)
The Kleederstuff are in desperate need of clothing to cope with the large number of people who come to the Caritas for second-hand clothing, but also to cope with the needs of applicants for international or temporary protection who receive clothing vouchers. The shortage concerns clothing for young men:
- Trainers, walking shoes
- Jeans, jogging suits and cotton trousers
The Kleederstuff also lacks winter shoes and jackets for women and children.
- Clothes, shoes, sportswear, belts, hats, scarves, gloves, umbrellas
- Suitcases (only with key and encrypted code provided), bags, school bags, school backpacks and sports bags
- Sheets and bed covers, towels, and bath gloves
- Pushchairs for newborns, maxi cosy, folding beds, bottle warmers and other baby accessories
- Sleeping bags, camping tents
- Tableware and dishes but only full services for 4, 6 and 12 people, microwave and coffee machines (working and faultless)
- Sewing machines, textiles, irons, ironing boards
- Bicycles in good condition and in compliance with the Code de la route (Highway Code)
- Home decoration
We gladly accept these donations, but only washed and in very good condition.
Donations that we unfortunately cannot accept :
- food donations
- coat hangers
- mattresses and cushions (except new)
- ski/bike helmets (if older than 5 years)
- plastic houses, wooden or plastic children's kitchens, trampolines, etc.
- computers, laptops, printers and other electronic equipment
- medical beds, wheelchairs, walking frames, walking aids, walkers.
Toys: our need is temporarily covered.
Where should I put them?
You will find a list of all our collection points at www.spendchen.lu. Caritas Luxembourg and the Croix-Rouge luxembourgeoise (Luxembourg Red Cross) have set up the Centre national de Collecte et de Tri (CNCT - National Collection and Sorting Centre), which collects and sorts donations and supplies them to the "Vestiaires" of the Croix-Rouge luxembourgeoise, as well as Caritas Luxembourg's "Kleederstuff" stores. There, people in need can choose what they want, in return for a symbolic contribution.
International protection seekers are also provided with clothing. Clothes that we receive in good condition, but which do not meet our needs and so cannot be used, are sold on to other channels that share our values. This makes it possible to buy essential items such as new underwear.
Pour toute question concernant les dons matériels :
Tél. : 621 811 688
Donations of clothes can be dropped off at :
- at the headquarters of Caritas Luxembourg, 29, rue Michel Welter, L-2730 Luxembourg,
- at the headquarters of the Luxembourg Red Cross, 44, bd Joseph II, L-2014 Luxembourg,
- or at the other collection points that you can find on www.spendchen.lu.
Caritas Luxembourg and the Luxembourg Red Cross are launching an appeal for solidarity to alleviate the lack of clothing for their most vulnerable beneficiaries, particularly men, via the Collection and Sorting Centre.
Your donation is essential to ensure the continuity of Caritas Luxembourg's actions in the service of the poor.Other donation methods