Good results for Caritas Luxembourg's community health project in Laos
Monday 24 February 2020
Last week, on 18 and 19 February, was organized the annual meeting of the Caritas 'Partnership for Community Health Project in Xiengkhouang Province'.
The meeting consisted of a first day of field visits in the villages to see the benefits of the water filters, latrines and water systems installed through the project. A meeting took place on the second day with 37 participants from Ministries, Provinces and District offices as well as from Local Civil Society Organizations, to discuss the main achievements and ways forward for the next year.
Over the past 3 years, the project supported great improvements in the life of local communities:
- More than 1600 water filters installed in 90 villages,
- 13 water systems providing water to 772 households,
- 843 latrines installed in 33 villages,
- 8 Provincial Partnership Forums organized to strengthen knowledge and coordination among nutrition actors,
- Support to data collection on people with disabilities in all district of the Xieng Khouang province.
This has been achieved thanks to the support of the European Union, the Government of Luxembourg, numerous private donors and the coordinated work of Caritas Luxembourg with the district and provincial authorities.