Get involved with refugees
Thursday 25 March 2021
Caritas Luxembourg is currently looking for a wide range of volunteers:
The LogIS service "Housing for Social Inclusion" is looking for people with expertise in the field of educational support for children at primary and secondary school level. This is a regular commitment that can help one or more children to succeed in their schooling, which is key to successful integration in Luxembourg. In concrete terms:
- several volunteers to help with homework for families in :
- Steinfort: help in German for a girl (5th grade primary)
- Vianden: math help for a girl (6th French general)
- Nocher: French course (beginner) for an adult woman
- Troisvierges: help in German and French for a girl (4th year primary)
- Hellange: help in German for a boy (5th year primary)
- Luxembourg: course in conversation (Luxemburgish) for an adult woman
- volunteers with expertise in the field of child tutoring, primary and secondary school level. This is a regular commitment that can help one or more children to succeed in their schooling, the key to successful integration in Luxembourg. Contact: email@example.com, tel. 40 21 31 - 523.
- « Job coaching »: The LogIS Service (Housing for Social Inclusion) supports refugees with status in their professional integration, which is an essential key to integration and social inclusion. We are looking for volunteers to accompany people in their search for employment. The meetings will be held in French. The place and times will be determined according to the availability of both parties and the needs of the beneficiaries. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Esch-Neudorf centre, a home for families, single men and single women:
- volunteers to organize activities to strengthen the bond between the child and the parent. Children aged 3 to 8 years old. Twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 to 5:30 pm. Motivation, creativity and patience will be required. Experience in animation is an asset.
- a volunteer to support young moms and dads in organizing early learning activities for children aged 0 to 2 years old in the activity room in the morning (days to be agreed upon).
- a volunteer to help children and young adults (7 to 18 years old) with homework (cycles 1 and 2), in German, French, Luxembourgish and mathematics. Schedule: after school from 4.30 pm to 6 pm.
- a volunteer to support single men in learning French and mathematics
- a volunteer to accompany the children to the sports activities in Esch/Alzette on Tuesdays and Thursdays afternoon
At the refugee home in Diekirch, a home for families :
- a volunteer for conversation tables (Skype, Zoom, telephone, ...) in French (French beginner's level A1-1 / A1-2...). 3 to 4 times a week, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 1pm to 3.30pm.
- a volunteer to supervise homework help for young students (Skype, Zoom, telephone, ...). Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm.
At the refugee centre of Bigonville, a home for single men:
- volunteers for diverse recreational activities depending on the talents available: culinary workshop, gardening, nature walks, games, etc... Period and frequency to be defined. No foreign language skills required.
- volunteers to support the residents of the centre in learning the languages of the country. This support can take a formal or ludic form depending on the volunteers' preferences. Time and rhythm to be defined.
The Moulin de Bigonville is located in the pretty Rambrouch-Perlé area. 30 km from Mersch or Ettelbruck and 50 km from Luxembourg City.
At the Esch-sur-Alzette refugee centre, a home for single men:
- one or more volunteers for support in French from 6pm to 8pm on weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) and/or weekends (hours to be agreed). This support is aimed at adult men at all levels.
- a motivated volunteer to support residents during the maintenance and operation of the home garden.
Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Marienthal Refugee Home, a home for families :
- a volunteer to give a beginner's French course to a group of adults. Preferably on Friday mornings, times to be agreed.
Contact: email@example.com, tel. 621 827 317
Any initiative is welcome to help our residents get out of their homes and get to know the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
The Educ'actif service, supporting young refugees:
- Junglisnter: a volunteer to give German tutoring to several children (one high school student and two primary school children). Preferably on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 4pm and on Saturdays in the morning or afternoon
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 621 379 763
- Schifflange: volunteers who are available to help a 10 year old child in class C3.2 who lives in Schifflange with his family. The child needs someone to help him improve his level of French and German. The child is attending the school's welcome classes for French and has just finished those for German. Contact: email@example.com
For any question, please feel free to contact :