Get involved with refugees
Monday 3 January 2022
Caritas Luxembourg is currently looking for a wide range of volunteers:
The LogIS service "Housing for Social Inclusion" is looking for people with expertise in the field of educational support for children at primary and secondary school level. This is a regular commitment that can help one or more children to succeed in their schooling, which is key to successful integration in Luxembourg.
Contact: email@example.com, tel. 40 21 31 – 523
In concrete terms we are looking for:
- a volunteer for the teaching of the French language for a 71 year old man of Eritrean origin in Dudelange.
- Mersch: a young couple needs help with the French language, Friday afternoon or sunday morning.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- several volunteers to help with homework for families in :
- Steinfort: help in German for a girl (5th grade primary)
- Vianden: math help for a girl (6th French general)
- Grümelscheid: French course (beginner) for an adult woman
- Troisvierges: help in German and French for a girl (4th year primary)
- Hellange: help in German for a boy (5th year primary)
- Ettelbruck: course in conversation in German for an adult woman
- Tuntange: French conversation class for an adult woman and a possible support in some daily life tasks
At the refugee shelter in Junglinster, a shelter for families:
Volunteers to give tutoring to primary school children and one or two young people enrolled in high school. The subjects are various, including German and French. The times can be agreed according to the availability of the volunteers and the beneficiaries.
Contact : email@example.com
At the refugee centre of Bigonville, a home for single men:
- volunteers for diverse recreational activities depending on the talents available: culinary workshop, gardening, nature walks, games, etc... Period and frequency to be defined. No foreign language skills required.
- volunteers to support the residents of the centre in learning the languages of the country. This support can take a formal or ludic form depending on the volunteers' preferences. Time and rhythm to be defined.
The Moulin de Bigonville is located in the pretty Rambrouch-Perlé area. 30 km from Mersch or Ettelbruck and 50 km from Luxembourg City. Any initiative is welcome to help our residents get out of their homes and get to know the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Public writer service, area of Wiltz :
- The public writer service offers help with administrative tasks to anyone. We are looking for volunteers with special skills. You must have completed your secondary education, be fluent in the three languages of the country and be able to show empathy and discretion. An interesting and rewarding activity awaits you.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
At the refugee shelter in Diekirch, home for families, single men and single women
- a volunteer to offer French language conversation tables for adults (French beginner levels A1-1 / A1-2...). The times are to be agreed according to the availability of the beneficiaries and the volunteer.
- a volunteer to offer homework help for young high school students. This involves homework in the following subjects: French, Mathematics, Luxembourgish, German and English. The times are to be agreed according to the availability of the young students and the volunteer, on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and/or evenings.
- a volunteer to accompany walks organised outside the shelter. The activity requires the command of the French language. The times are to be agreed according to the availability of the beneficiaries and the volunteer.
- Volunteers for conversation tables in the Luxembourgish language.
- Volunteers for homework help for primary and secondary school pupils. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- A volunteer to supervise German and biology lessons for a young person.
- A volunteer to coach a young person in French.
At the refugee shelter in Esch sur Alzette, a shelter for single men:
- a volunteer to teach residents who wish to use a sewing machine. The machine is available at the foyer. This course will take place on weekday evenings.
- one or more volunteers for support in French from 6pm to 8pm during the week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) and/or at weekends (times to be agreed). This support is aimed at adult men of all levels.
- a volunteer for an introductory course of the Luxembourgish language.
- one or more volunteers to help with job search procedures
- a volunteer for piano lessons (piano available in the foyer)
At the refugee shelter in Differdange, home for families :
- several volunteers for individual support courses for young refugees in French, Luxembourgish and English. Schedule to be defined.
- one volunteer for French lessons for adults, once or twice a week. Schedule to be defined with the volunteer.
- a volunteer for cooking workshops with women. A convivial moment of exchange and sharing between women, preferably 1 morning per week between Monday and Friday. Schedule to be defined with the volunteer.
Contact: email@example.com, GSM 621 186 617
At the refugee shelter in Marienthal, a shelter for families :
- A volunteer for gardening. Accompanying the residents in planting and cultivating vegetables and introducing them to the different varieties. Knowledge of gardening is essential.
- a volunteer to offer creative workshops or wellness workshops for women (such as self-created facials, make-up, manicure, cooking, etc).
- several volunteers for individual support courses, for residents who wish to improve their French skills. Monday to Friday, times are flexible and to be agreed upon.
- a volunteer to supervise children after school hours (help and support with homework and leisure activities).
At the Esch-Neudorf shelter in Esch sur Alzette, a shelter for families, single men and single women:
- During the school holidays in July and August: a volunteer to support children and young adults (7 to 18 years old) in French, Luxembourgish and mathematics.
- During the school holidays July - August: a volunteer to support adults (women and men) in the practice of French and Luxembourgish
UBUNTU project for refugees in the Dublin procedure
In the framework of the UBUNTU project for refugees in the Dublin procedure, JRS-LU, Caritas Luxembourg and Reech eng Hand are looking for volunteers to work in a small meeting room in the Luxembourg-Gare district, open in the afternoons from Monday to Saturday. A warm atmosphere, listening, discussion, animation, training and supervision are guaranteed.
Curious or interested? Please contact the person in charge: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. +352 691 690 365
For any question, please feel free to contact :