Get involved with refugees
Thursday 26 October 2023
Caritas Luxembourg is currently looking for a wide range of volunteers:
Centre Oasis, Wiltz:
The team of Oasis Centre would like to continue all the efforts made over the last twenty years to promote the empowerment of non-Luxembourgish residents living in the Wiltz region and to improve their participation in Luxembourg society through innovative actions that favour their integration and contribute to social cohesion.
If you are motivated to help us to help better, come and reinforce our team of volunteers. These activities could be, for example, tutoring, art workshops, conversation classes, introduction to computers or support in administrative procedures. We are always open to your interests and suggestions.
Contact: Caty.Diop@caritas.lu Tel. 691 402 261
Public writer service, area of Wiltz :
The public writer service offers help with administrative tasks to anyone. We are looking for volunteers with special skills. You must have completed your secondary education, be fluent in the three languages of the country and be able to show empathy and discretion. An interesting and rewarding activity awaits you.
Maison Saint Hubert in Munshausen, home for unaccompanied young people:
- a volunteer to provide tutoring in mathematics for a young girl.
Contact: email@example.com Tel: +352 621 517 264
The department “Logement pour l’Inclusion sociale* is looking for:
- Vianden: math help for a girl (6th French general)
- Troisvierges: help in German and French for one child (5th year primary)
- Hellange: help in German for one child (6th year primary)
- Steinfort: conversation course in Luxembourgish for an adult
- Nacher: help in German and French for a child in the 5th year of primary school
- Moutfort : help in French for two children (11 and 9 years old)
- Senningerberg : help in French for an adult woman (beginner level)
- Mamer : support in mathematics for a refugee who is doing an apprenticeship in a garage
- Mersch : support in German for an Eritrean boy of 7 years
- Mersch: help for a 30-year-old woman who needs support in learning French, mainly speaking. She is at A1.1 level and needs individual support
- Differdange: a volunteer for a 37-year-old woman who needs help learning French. She is at A1.2 level
Contact: Juliana.Fernandes@caritas.lu Tél. +352 621 247 239
At the refugee shelter T-Building in Luxembourg-Kirchberg, a shelter for families, single men and women
- a volunteer to manage the library an media room. The aim is to ensure certain opening times and to offer activities (e.g. storytelling), various languages
- a volunteer for activities with young children (0 – 4 years) and their parents. Tuesday afternoon and occasionally on Saturdays depending on the availability of the volunteer. A playroom is available for craft activities.
- a volunteer for aesthetics, once to twice a month, preferably on weekends
- a volunteer for cooking events, once to twice a month
- a volunteer with multicultural competencies for sport activities with children and adults of various ages
At the refugee shelter in Esch sur Alzette, a shelter for single men:
- a volunteer to organise discussion groups in French for small groups or individuals
- one or more volunteers to help with job search procedures
At the Eurohotel in Junglinster, a home for families:
- a volunteer for play activities for the children of the home in the afternoon from 4.30 pm. An activity room with many toys is available.
- a volunteer for a French course for the men of the home. Times to be agreed, after 6.30 pm.
Contact: Clement.firstname.lastname@example.org GSM 621 611 873
At the refugee hostel in Foetz, a hostel for families :
- a volunteer for tutoring, primary school level, reception class. Support in French, Luxembourgish, German and maths
- a volunteer to lead music and art activities with the children in the home
- one or more volunteers to teach French, once or twice a week (times to be agreed). This support is aimed at two Spanish-speaking families in the home.
- a volunteer who speaks Arabic to give French lessons to an adult woman. Minimum 2x/week
- a volunteer for tutoring at lycée level, reception class. Support in French, Luxembourgish and maths. Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset.
At the refugee shelter in Marienthal, a shelter for families:
- several volunteers for individual support courses, for residents who wish to improve their French and Luxemburgish skills. Monday to Friday, times are flexible and to be agreed upon.
- a volunteer to supervise children after school hours (help and support with homework and leisure activities).
At the Esch-Neudorf shelter in Esch sur Alzette, a shelter for families, single men and single women:
- a volunteer to support children and young adults (7 to 18 years old) in the practice of French, Luxembourgish and mathematics
- a volunteer to support adults (women and men) in the practice of the French and Luxembourgish language
At the Valeriushaff refugee hostel in Tandel, a hostel for families, single men and single women :
- a volunteer to help with homework for the young people in the hostel. Various subjects. Hours to be agreed.
- a volunteer who could teach the French language to a disabled man and his wife
At the Noppeney refugee home in Oberkorn, a home for families:
- A teacher who can give French and Luxembourgish lessons to some of our interested residents, in the evening or during the day.
- a volunteer hairdresser for a few residents once a month
At the refugee hostel in Ettelbruck, home for families, single men and women
- a volunteer to help the residents in their search for accommodation (application for public assistance, internet search etc.).
- a volunteer to help residents learn the French language
Contact: Sheila.Lux@caritas.lu GSM 621 590 982
At the refugee hostel in Diekirch, a hostel for families, single men and women :
- a volunteer to help with homework for primary school children (aged 6 to 11). Times to be agreed together.
- a volunteer to offer a painting workshop for the residents of the home.
Contact: Cristina.Gaitur@caritas.lu GSM 621 682 572
At the Karro shelter in Differdange, a shelter for families, single men and single women from Ukraine:
- volunteer to meet the residents for leisure activities and exchange, knowledge of the Russian or Ukrainian language would be an advantage
For any question, please feel free to contact :
Andrea Beestermöller : email@example.com
Caritas Luxembourg is regularly looking for volunteers. Here are our volunteer opportunities for people in need.
Caritas Luxembourg is regularly looking for volunteers. Here are our volunteer opportunities for refugees.